Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A little about me...

I have been reading other blogs for sometime now and thought it might be interesting to start my own blog, or maybe more of a journal. I don't know where exactly this will go or for how long, but why not? I guess my main reason is to consolidate my other pages like myspace, flickr and forum entries and to practice writing by sharing interests and thoughts. My intent is to stay on the topic of motorcycling and to train myself to slow down on rides, stop to take pictures, enjoy the scenery and share the ride. I may, on occasion, wander off and discuss other topics like landscape plants, birds and whatever else may pique my interest, but I hope to keep everything connected.

I live and ride in the Willamette Valley of Oregon with my wonderful wife Brandy (whom came up with the name Troubadour). I currently ride a 2007 Triumph America, a 1976 Kawasaki KZ900LTD and I have been riding since high school. I consider myself a rounder, I ride year round unless it is completely unsafe to do so and have been caught in situations that have tested my ability. Oregon rain + cold = ice.
I've put together and attended group rides but discovered keeping riders together is like herding cats. So you'll usually find me alone or find Brandy and me two up puttering along, discovering back roads looking for scenic rest stops and a photo opportunity. I am not familiar with all the roads around here so getting lost is half the fun.


Please be patient, leave comments, check back often and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are more than welcome, however, thanks to an increase in anonymous spammers of late, you now must be a registered user to comment.

Thank you spammers!