Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year 2012

Did anyone get the number of that bus? Was it 2011? It sure went by fast, in fact I'm a day late posting this.

Last year started off with a Polar Bear ride to test our mettle, this year there was a ride planned but everyday is a polar bear ride for me.

I decided to tackle the last room of the house to be remodeled instead. We wanted to knock out the back wall of a back to back closet and make our master bedroom larger by taking over the extra closet in a spare bedroom. It's been a busy weekend of moving furniture, breaking down walls rebuilding walls, scraping ceilings and tearing up carpeting. Unfortunately the project turned out to be bigger than my weekend. I see a few evenings and weekends of the new year being reserved for awhile. Better to clear chores from the honey-do list now than in prime riding season.

I hope 2012 is as good if not better than 2011, everyone had a happy and joyous holiday season and here is wishing you all a prosperous happy new year.



My post script from 2011:

P.S. - I've never tracked my annual mileage as others have so that can be my resolution for 2011. Yesterday's ride was 120 miles, subtracted from my current odometer reading of 24,156 makes my official 2011 odometer login reading of 24,036.
I can, however, calculate the 3198 miles I put on the Tiger since I purchased it on 9/22 with 20,958 miles on the clock. Which means I averaged 31.6 miles per day, not bad for buying a bike on the first day of autumn eh? At that rate, I would average 11,557 miles per year, but a more realistic goal would be putting my 2012 odometer reading well into the 40K mile mark.


I did come up short of my prediction, quite short indeed as I did not pass my 40k mile goal and only reached 34,574 miles last year (10,538 miles logged for 2011 equals 28.9 miles per day). I can only contribute this to a very wet Spring as the rain did not let up until July.


Happy New Year!





4 comments:

  1. Here's hoping you triple 2011's mileage tally for 2012!

    Happy New Year....

    dom

    Redleg's Rides

    Colorado Motorcycle Travel Examiner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Lets hope we get some sun & warm weather this summer. I wish you an Trobairitz a very happy & healthy year filled with motor adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the remodeling,IAM no good at that kind of thing, thank goodness!

    Happy new year to you to mate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year. 2011 did seem to fly by. Good luck with the remodeling project. I did stuff like that in my life before this one. I enjoyed the labor, challenges, and planning. The memories are good, even if now attempting such things brings frustration and fits of anger. I trust you will have great satisfaction from your job well done. What was that Red Green used to say about handsome and handy? May Trobairitz always find you both.
    ~k

    ReplyDelete

Comments are more than welcome, however, thanks to an increase in anonymous spammers of late, you now must be a registered user to comment.

Thank you spammers!