Thursday, July 8, 2010

It will be mine...

Several months ago I stopped by Eugene Cycle Parts to say hi to Rod and to see if he still had the two 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050s on the floor. We walked in the door and a couple of old riding friends were there checking out the bikes. Unfortunately, this was the last time I would talk with Riley before he passed away, but Ron whom has several bikes and owns both the 2006 and 2009 Tigers offered great advice on both models.

I ummmed and awwwwed, put some thought into trading the America for a Tiger and just couldn't decide. A couple of months later I was back down at Rod's shop taking his demo for a test ride. Wow, what a bike!!!

I love the look of the new 2009 model.


Fortunately I did not rush into a foolish financial move. There is just something about the America that I know I would kick myself for letting her go.

The 2006 is more off road oriented and is more what I am looking for.


So I decided I could keep the America, save my pennies and search for a pristine '06 model. The best of both worlds, but a comment was made in the shop that first day, a rumor about a Tiger Cub with the 675 triple motor. Several searches online confirmed the rumor so I thought it best to wait.

I am the first to admit that I procrastinate and today it paid off, the rumor was not only confirmed but word has it that it will be an 800cc adventurer. I was excited for a 675 Tiger Cub, but I am stoked to learn of an 800.

This marketing campaign is not helping:

Here at Triumph, we're really busy developing two brand new adventure bikes. It'll be a good few months before they're ready.



http://www.triumphadventure.com/



http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/269605/images/triumph-tiger.jpg


http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2010/07/triumph-teases-new-adventure-b.html

EDIT: more pics:




Oh yes, it will be mine.


-

3 comments:

  1. “All good things arrive unto them that wait - and don't die in the meantime”

    Mark Twain

    Patience (or procrastination) paid off - Looks like an awesome bike.
    Can't wait to see the new addition to your stable ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Troubadour:

    you mean that it's an addition and not instead of ? You lucky duck

    I was also reading about this new 800 triple engine. Best of both worlds, power and torque. Just have to wait and see what it looks like in person.

    I was going to purchase the new V-strom 800 but now two Suzuki dealers are closing in Vancouver. This means that there will be NO Suzuki dealer in the city. which changes things somewhat. Because of the high Cdn $$ many are buying from WA state for a savings of thousands of $$ .

    bob
    Wet Coast Scootin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course an addition, although not available until next year, I have to have a winter commuter and guest bike.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are more than welcome, however, thanks to an increase in anonymous spammers of late, you now must be a registered user to comment.

Thank you spammers!