Wednesday, January 18, 2017

A Short Ride...



I finally got a ride in; the recent weather has been rather winter-ish.



The freezing temperatures, snow, and the ice gave way to warm rain, and 53ยบ today.




Although it was only part way up the mountain, before I was turned around due to ice, it was a ride nonetheless. I was able to fuel up and run some fresh gas through the carb before I was rained out.



Fresh powder would've been much more fun, and a whole lot easier to ride in. This weeks old, wet, sloppy snow, and rain over ice was not worth riding on, let alone crashing, as I was by myself.



Not a lot of snow, nor much of a story to tell, but I'm still around and riding whenever I can.


~ The obstacle is the path. 

12 comments:

  1. Nice that you managed to get out! No matter what the weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice, and it certainly helped that I wasn't at work.

      Delete
  2. For shits and giggles work out how many weekends you have left in your life(say until 80) then count how many you spend sitting inside because the weather is no good......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried to explain this to my employer when they put us into overtime every summer.
      I do need to get outside more often despite the rainy weather, easier said than done.

      Delete
  3. Brad,
    My admiration knows no bounds - I absolutely hate being cold on a bike. As an impoverished engineering student in the UK, a bike was my only form of transport. Lost count of the number of times I slid down the road on my arse in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quit riding in the cold, wet, miserable weather; I have also stopped commuting to work on my bike. I decided to ride for pleasure, and that includes being comfortable.

      Delete
  4. Great that you got out. Days like that are one of the reasons I wish I still had a dirt bike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the DRZ, it's so much lighter and nimble than my Tiger. I think I'd give up a street bike over a dirt bike/dual sport as I don't commute on a bike anymore and traffic just frustrates me.

      Delete
  5. A ride is a ride is a ride...it's the doing that's important, not the duration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that's what I tell Brandy all the time.

      Delete
  6. You got some miles. I'm still only planning here and the real thing is many weeks away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm certainly thankful the snow on the valley floor has melted and the rains came back, I'm not a big fan of snow and long winters. I don't know how you do it.

      Delete

Comments are more than welcome, however, thanks to an increase in anonymous spammers of late, you now must be a registered user to comment.

Thank you spammers!