Sunday, November 2, 2008

I am...

...a motorcyclist.

I took the car into work on Friday, but not because of the rain, I had to take some items into the office that would not fit on the bike. I have stuff at home "things to bring into work when I have the car" and I have stuff in my office "things to bring home when I have the car". I try to coordinate several errands together to accommodate one trip. This was just one of those times.

I am...a motorcyclist.

On the rare occasion I do take the car to work, I usually take a ribbing from coworkers, "what, is it too wet to ride?" or "don't feel well, are you sick?"
This time Brandy caught the flak from her boss and coworkers. She is usually the first one to work, so when they came in and she was working but her car wasn't in her spot, they started in with "Brad wuss out because of the rain?"

I am...a motorcyclist.

I drive the car all the time on errands about town and for out of town trips with Brandy. But I very rarely take the car to work and I guess I was out of my element when I pulled into work. I had to find a parking spot, I couldn't park next to the building as I do on the bike. I pulled into a spot, I did a complete inventory check of accessories that I needed to turn off before shutting the car off. Wipers, check. Headlights, check. Ignition, check. I turn on and off all of these switches all the time without thinking about it, as second nature. It was disconcerting, I actually had to talk my way through it.

I am...a motorcyclist.

After 'dismounting', I started to walk away from the car and in my peripheral vision caught the driver door, wide open.

I am...a motorcyclist.

I normally go for a walk on my lunch break to get out of the office, get some fresh air and a little exercise. Upon my return to the office, my heart skipped a beat when my bike was gone.

I am...a motorcyclist.

I survived the day and no one was hurt, but when I got home I did steal a quick peak in the garage.

I am...a motorcyclist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are more than welcome, however, thanks to an increase in anonymous spammers of late, you now must be a registered user to comment.

Thank you spammers!